Friday, November 22, 2013

Newfound love


I love the Redwood City public library. One of the first things I did after moving here was to sign up for a library card. Over the last couple of months, it has become my second favorite place in the city (the first, of course, is home). It has kept me company during all those lonely hours when the husband was at work. It has introduced me to new pleasures and new things to learn. The vast collection of books on every imaginable topic is, of course, a given. Whether it is my regular dose of fiction, or learning resources to improve my painting skills or a learn-woodworking book that piqued the hubby's interest. When I wanted to learn Spanish, where did I go look for resources? Or that one time when we maxed out our broadband limit and couldn't use Netflix anymore, so I went and discovered the movie collection at the library. As a newbie in this city, when I wanted to meet new people and make friends, I went volunteering for Project Read at the library. The library has been there for me for everything I needed, and I am glad we live only a block away. Three cheers for the library!

No comments: