Sunday, November 10, 2013

A poem for my sweetheart


It was the January of 2012
that I first had the feeling
I had finally met the one
who had my head reeling

It felt good to know you -
at first I thought you were a flirt
For the most part you made me laugh
But at times you were curt

By February I was intrigued
By March I had a crush on you
By April I was head over heels
What was in store, I had no clue

By May, we had our first fight
The crisis in our love story
It took us time to sort it through
And some Tequila and Bloody Mary

But finally, we realized and learnt
what we should have long known
That we are meant to be together
till we have some grey hairs grown

For I want to spend the rest of my days
Till the very end, all the way
In love with you, the light of my life
Dear God, this is all I pray


For the love of my life, PD - for you :)

No comments: