Saturday, December 15, 2012

My experiments with pencil shading


So, the other day I was thinking of how this blog is titled "Doodler-Dabbler" and how there haven't been any doodles so far. Too lazy to come up with something new, I decided to put some old wine (old sketches) in a new bottle (the blog) and get away with it..

All of these were done during my college days when I had joined sketching classes. I totally loved the time I spent on these - the only time I have come close to a meditation like peaceful trance is when I am absorbed in art. I am not very creative or skilled, but I do love all art forms so much that I keep trying to learn (much to the exasperation of all my art teachers.) All of these are based on pictures from other sketchbooks and not from life - any resemblance to people/animals living or dead is purely coincidental :P

So here goes..

Graphite sketch of a contemplative man

Graphite sketch - horse

Graphite sketch - smiling man

Graphite sketch - still life


Graphite sketch - bird

Graphite sketch - owl

Graphite sketch - bird with nest

No comments: